Host a Japanese exchange student for 2 weeks starting March 23rd
Greenheart Exchange, a non-profit cultural exchange organization, is currently seeking volunteer host families for high school aged exchange students from Japan for 2 weeks, from March 23 to April 4.
What is expected of me and my family?
- Provide 3 meals a day and a secure and inviting home
- Treat the student like a member of the family, which may include household rules, responsibilities and privileges
- Optional participation in group activities
Who can host a student?
Greenheart Exchange host families represent the diversity of American culture. Our families are of varied economic, religious and racial backgrounds and include working parents, couples with and without children, single parents, adoptive parents, and empty-nesters. All host families complete an online application and each family member aged 18+ must clear a background check.
*Host families in California are compensated $50 per week of hosting to offset expenses of hosting a group exchange student, paid to them at the conclusion of the program provided a W9 is submitted.
What will the students do?
- Arrive with a group of students, accompanied by a bilingual adult chaperone.
- Participate in ESL classes
- Go on Full and Half Day excursions during the week, including Disneyland and a Lakers Game
- Spend Saturday and Sunday with their host family
- Share meals, traditions, and daily conversations with you
- Come with his/her own medical insurance and spending money.
How do I host?
If you are interested, please contact LIZ IIAMS
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 2 Weeks
- Must be willing to interview and home visit with the Local Coordinator.