(Kootenai County) Bring Cheer to a hospice patient by donating a "Cheer Basket"
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
We all have hard days and need a little encouragement. Hospice patients face many hard moments with the road they travel. Brighten a hospice patient’s last days by providing comfort items for cheer baskets. "Cheer baskets" are given to hospice patients in need of a little pick me up. These baskets are filled with items listed below that are donated from individuals in the community.
Volunteers also crochet comfort shawls or lap blankets that provide comfort and warmth for our patients. These treasured handmade items bring additional cheer.
We are always in need of the following items:
- Tea/hot cocoa
- Packaged snacks (cookies, crackers,
- Granola bars, pudding)
- Hard candy or small individually wrapped chocolates
- Small Kleenex Packs
- Small notepads
- Crossword Puzzle, Suduko and Word search books
- Small flashlights
- Magazines (2014-2015) & novels
- Deck of cards
- Small lap blankets/throws
- Lotion (with light scent)
- Bodywash/bar soap
- Lip Balm
- Yarn - for shawls or lap blankets
Donated Cheer baskets can be delivered to
1230 Northwood Center
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814
Thank you for your support!!
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People 55+