Job Title: Special Events Assistant
Purpose: Assist hospice professionals in planning memorial services and other special events
Location: Greater Columbus Metro Area
- Coordinate with vendors to secure printed materials, venues, music, and food
- Coordinate with bereaved families and National Church Residences staff to personalize memorial services
- Setup and tear down for events
- Send invitations and provide reminders over the phone
Reports to: Bereavement Coordinator
Works with: Bereavement Coordinator, Hospice Chaplain, nurses, social workers, office staff
Time Commitment: Minimum of 2 hours monthly for at least 6 months.
Qualifications: Kind, respectful, and organized. Experience with the psychosocial issues surrounding grief and loss preferable
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Age Requirement: 21
Dress Code: Business casual
- Event Design & Planning
- Elder care
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2 hours monthly for at least 6 months
- Hospice Bereavement Volunteer
- Phone-A-Friend Volunteer
- Birthday Brigade
- Friendly Pet Visitor
- "On My Own" Hospice Volunteer
- Vigil Volunteer
- Volunteer Hair Stylist
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Administrative Support
- Spiritual Support Hospice...
- Musical Moments Hospice Volunteer
- Comfort Companion Hospice...
- Biography / Family History...
- Support Group facilitator
- Craft Leader
- Massage Therapy Hospice Volunteer
- Special Events Assistant