The Grants Assistant Volunteer is responsible for providing support to the Development Department, with several aspects of the grants process in order to bring additional revenue into the organization.
- Research prospective funders
- Research grant funder processes and deadlines
- Prepare special thank you letters
- Complete templated grant reports
- Assist with grant timeline management
- Administrative and other support
- Strong writer
- Ability to think critically
- Computer skills: Using the internet as a research tool and proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Operate under a confidentiality agreement and handle sensitive information with care
- Ability to learn basic information about our programs and operations
HOW THIS ROLE IS TIED TO OUR MISSION:
Second Harvest Food Bank relies on the generosity of individuals, corporations, and foundations to fund its day-to-day operations and programs that aim to end hunger in Orange County. Grants specifically make up a significant percentage of our fundraising strategy. In this role, a volunteer will help us to expand our capacity to research new funding sources and allow staff to spend more time stewarding relationships that will benefit the organization. Additional revenue will allow us to expand our programs and enable us to reach the nearly 315,000 people in our community who may not know where their next meal will come from.
1 day a week for 4 hours; Monday - Friday between 8:30am - 4:30pm. Must be willing to commit to a minimum of 3 months.
TRAINING AND SUPERVISION:
Training and supervision will be provided by the Development Department.
IF YOU’RE INTERESTED...
Please contact Volunteer Coordinator, Molly Betts, at (949) 653-2900 x216 or Molly@FeedOC.org.
- Data Entry
- Grant Writing / Research
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 4 hours a week, Tuesday - Friday 9:30am - 4pm
- Looking for commitment of 3 months or more