Finance Volunteer supports the accounting and reporting functions of the Compass Center, which helps individuals and families prevent and end domestic violence and become self-sufficient, and navigate their journey to self-sufficiency, safety, and health.
Responsibilities (commensurate with education and training):
- Verifies, processes and posts details of business transactions including general ledger and accounts payable/receivable entries
- Audits invoices, reconciles credit card statements, researches discrepancies, and prepares check runs
- Assists with month/year closings and reconciliations of bank statements and accounts
- Assists in monitoring all department and grant budgets
- Assists in maintaining expense allocation budgets and spreadsheets
- Assists in compiling and mailing monthly reports
- Assists with filing source documents and reports
Finance Volunteer Qualifications:
- At least 12 credit hours in accounting from accredited college/university
- Basic MS Word, Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Language Skills:
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and partners
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
- Ability to apply math skills effectively and accurately in financial reporting and forecasting, business analysis, and cost allocation
- Confidentiality and reliability
- Desire to help members of the community, responsibility, good judgment, and team spirit
- Desire to learn about Compass Center and local agencies and organizations in the community
- Comfort in working with all people who enter Compass Center, regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Additional Compass Center Volunteer Requirements:
- Complete online application: http://compassctr.org/get-involved/volunteer-opportunities/.
- Schedule a phone interview and training with HR & Finance Director.
- Pass background check.
- Grant Writing / Research
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check