Celebrating Independence Gala Committee Member
WhenThu Mar 01, 2018 - Sat Jun 30, 2018
WhereThis is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
Committee Member Expectations
Are you looking to share your skills and positively influence others to make a difference in your community? The Center for Independent Living is looking for volunteers with excellent leadership, management, motivation, negotiation & communication skills to join our 3 rd Annual Celebrating Independence Gala Committee. This year’s event will take place on Saturday, June 23 rd at Leu Gardens 6:30pm-9:30pm.
An evening filled with CIL’s mission a cocktail hour, dinner, silent & live auction, and awarding the Beverly Chapman Legacy Award.
- Work closely with event chair and CIL staff to implement action plan/timeline and reach event goal of $33,000 and 125 attendees
- Collaborate with CIL staff to identify potential event/table sponsors, ticket sales, silent & live auction items, in kind donations and revenue enhancers
- Promote CIL’s Celebrating Independence Gala in the community through presentations, meetings with high-level contacts and potential sponsors/donors/volunteers
- Attend the Gala on June 23 rd, be a representative of CIL and network during the event.
- Identify potential leadership volunteers to ensure growth of Gala Committee for following year
Training and Support:
- Monthly planning calls with event chair and CIL staff
- Additional Planning session(s) with CIL staff to develop plan of action and ensure committee goals
- Past event information and budget CIL’s programs/services information
- Meetings with staff partner (via phone or in person) to address any questions or concerns and to identify areas of greatest need
- Leadership, management, motivation, negotiation & communication skills
- Ability to work independently with little supervision as well as on a team
- Prior project or event management experience a plus, Internet and email access
- March 2018-June 2018
- Monthly 1 hour face-to-face/phone meetings between event chair/CIL staff and Committee Members
- First meeting Wednesday March 7 th 4pm-5pm at CIL. Meeting schedule to follow
- Make a positive impact in the lives of those with disabilities
- Network with high-impact community leaders
- Develop and enhance current leadership and management skills
- Gain valuable experience to enhance personal and career growth
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- First committee meeting will be in person at CIL
- After first committee meeting, may call in to conference and work virtually