On June 23, 2018, Providence Community Library (PCL) will partner with outdoor events company Over the Edge to send 90 amazing volunteer fundraisers rappelling 12 stories down the side of Regency Plaza in downtown Providence. PCL aims to raise $100,000 through this exciting fundraiser and we need your help to make it happen!
There are a number of ways you can get involved:
1. Spread the word. We need volunteer advocates to talk about the event to friends, family and colleagues, share on social media and distribute Over the Edge marketing materials (including 11X17 posters and 5X7 postcards) to public buildings, organizations, businesses, cafes/restaurants and stores in the Providence Metro area.
2. Help Recruit and Support "Edgers" We have a comprehensive toolkit to help participants raise funds to get a spot to go Over the Edge. Help and encourage people to use this and tap into their social networks. If a person or team can put together 50 donations of $20 each, 100 donations of $10 each, ten donations of $100 etc, that person is Going Over the Edge!
3. Help on Event Day. We'll need multiple volunteers in two shifts to guide Edgers and spectators in the ground area; escort participants through the process of reporting in, putting on the rappelling kit, going up to the roof and returning the kit after descent; timekeepers to make sure that the event runs to timetable and providing fun, all day activities on the ground.
Learn more about the event by reading the event press release: http://www.provcomlib.org/news-events/news/2018/providence-goes-over-edge
Visit the website: http://www.provcomlib.org/edge
- Outdoor Recreation
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 4 hour shift on Event Day
- Certain event day duties may require a brief training.