Making change in communities takes many forms! At this event, Girl Scouts will explore how others are making change with art, design, tech and science and how they can, too. There will be several hands-on activities to spark girls' curiosity and creativity. Volunteers are needed to assist in leading activities throughout the day, help with event set-up, check in and clean up, and ensure girls have the highest quality experience at this event.
The GSHCC STEM Center + MakerSpace is a place where girls can incorporate scientific discovery in their lives. Activities will focus on three key aspects of STEM: Engineering, Programming, and Biology & Environmental Science. The center also includes a MakerSpace that encourages the use of design thinking and collaborative problem solving. Through a variety of cooperative learning opportunities and hands-on experimentation, girls will hone key STEM-related skills such as creativity, innovation, critical thinking and problem solving all while having fun and gaining confidence. Plus, they’ll learn about STEM careers and meet female STEM professionals while they’re at it.
- Experience working with children ages 5-18, helpful but not necessary
- Can lift a minimum of 5 pounds
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
General event support, including:
- Running STEM & Maker activities for girls ages 5-18
- Help with event set-up/clean-up
- Welcome girls at the check-in area
- Replenish supplies throughout the day
- Pass out snacks and water to girls and their families
- Direct event traffic and parking
- Math / Science Instruction
- Event Management
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Shifts available.