Would you like to be part of an up-and-coming, bold, groundbreaking non-profit news organization? To do exciting, world changing work with a fun, dynamic team and interesting donors motivated by the right things?
WhoWhatWhy seeks a top-flight, well-connected development manager.
Our work is exciting and relevant, indeed more timely than ever, and major donors should be open to hearing about it. We’re a friendly bunch, highly motivated to do meaningful work in the public interest, imparting honest information to a public starved for it.
The position involves building and running a strong Development Department, and personally focusing on and developing Major Donor prospects. Compensation: We can offer a modest but growing stipend plus bonuses.
Regarding location: We’re open to the right candidate working from any location, but preference will be given to those based in New York City.
Who We Are
Join a remarkable news organization and community that is making a difference, setting a new standard, and innovating on every front. A nonprofit that accepts no advertising, WhoWhatWhy is staffed largely with skilled volunteers dedicated to elevating public awareness and fostering a more vigorous democracy.
Please send us a resume and carefully reasoned, customized cover letter that shows that you have studied and thought about what we do at WhoWhatWhy. Our mission must resonate deeply with you. We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions.
- Extensive experience managing a nonprofit development or fundraising developments
- Possess excellent contacts in the philanthropic world
- A solid grasp of - and commitment to - our mission
- Strong networking, organization and verbal communication skills
- A charismatic, assertive personality
- The ability to delegate tasks and manage others
- The patience to monitor multiple individuals, projects and processes
- Research, identify and cultivate Major Donor fundraising opportunities
- Help formulate our fundraising needs
- Build the fundraising/development organization
- Coordinate with researchers and ambassadors to build and maintain our donor network
- Assist with planning and execution of fundraising events
- Train volunteers in fundraising procedures and practices
- Learn the nuts and bolts of nonprofit operations
- Acquire valuable new skills in marketing, public relations and donor outreach
- Collaborate with smart, accomplished coworkers
- Grow a network of contacts
- Have fun
- Make a difference
- Donor Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- JFK Assassination Records:...
- Get the Best out of Others:...
- Managing Editor at Media...
- Website User Experience Designer...
- Best Training Ever --...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Marketing Campaign Strategist
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Volunteer IT Manager Needed at...
- Wikipedia Department Manager -...
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO) -...
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Showrunner for News and...
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- Writer/Analyst Volunteers to...