Better World International Board of Director
AWESOME Board member with BIG HEART and PASSION for a Better WorldBackground
Better World International (BWI) is a tech non-profit that combines a vision of a better world with technology-driven solutions for social change.
- To be the organization that helps to create a Better World for future generations.
- We unite global dreamers, and create innovative technology solutions to build a better world right now.
How Do We Do This?
- Most importantly, we create innovative solutions, using cutting-edge technology, to lead people worldwide to take positive social action towards global challenges.
- To really change the world we need to unite. We act as one powerful community of global citizens, built on a set of core values.
- We connect with experts, volunteers from around the world, and our community members to attract those who want to change the world.
Why Do We Do This?
- We created this organization out of our desire to make this world a better place; for us, for our children, and for all future generations..
- It all comes from a place of Love - towards other people in our community, across the world, and especially towards ourselves.
- It brings meaning to our life, and to our entire existence
Become an AWESOME BWI Board Member and make this world a better place
Be recognized as one of the FIRST EVER Board of Directors for BWI and go down in history as a leader of this organization’s success.
For the last two years, BWI has been 100% Volunteer run. At this phase of organization development, we need to hire a full-time, highly talented Leadership Team to lead this organization and its volunteers to success.
This is where you come in.
We are seeking board members to act as BWI’s fundraising body.
Join a team of 4-7 EXPERTS from around the world and help raise seed funding for BWI.
- Day-to-day operations are led by BWI’s CEO and team members, and the Board plays a critical role in raising seed funding. All Board members are encouraged to work collaboratively and leverage their expertise to the fullest for effective fundraising.
- Monthly meeting with Board and BWI’s CEO (or as needed)
- Develop a strategic plan and project timeline to raise seed funding.
- Act as an Ambassador to BWI during the length of your startup board term
- Advise CEO and Leadership Team in areas relevant to Business Goals and your personal talents/expertise
Board members consider BWI their philanthropic priority and work diligently to successfully raise funding. BWI expects to have 100 percent of Board members raise (or make) contribution that is commensurate with their capacity.
Board Terms / Participation:
As one of the first board members you will act as a "startup" board and provide a year of service. However, as we prepare for next Board of Directors, you will be eligible to take a seat on this board and serve a traditional two year team.
During your time on BWI’s board you will work collaboratively with fellow board members and participate in monthly meetings with BWI’s CEO (or as-needed) see above comment. Board meetings are held via video conference calls (typically Skype) with the exception of the November 2018 meeting, for which board members meet in person at BWI’s Inaugural Retreat (Location TBD).
Towards the close of your service, you will be involved in Recruitment of BWI’s next Board, where members will serve a two-year term. You will be eligible to join this board or even join our board of advisors.
The Board member position is volunteer-based, and is therefore without remuneration. Expenses for BWI’s Retreat will be allocated into the budget to cover your travel costs.Qualifications:
This is an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished leader who is passionate about using technology for social good with measurable and highly sustainable results for Happiness and Global Sustainability.
BWI is building its first Board of Directors (Board) and are looking for individuals with extensive professional experience and significant accomplishments in one or more of the following areas: Fundraising, Corporate Philanthropy/Sponsorship, Crowdfunding, Venture Philanthropy, Digital Currencies.
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A commitment to and understanding of BWI’s mission
- Integrity, Credibility, and Passion for what we do
- Professional experience with leadership accomplishments in business, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector
- Experience in fundraising, a willingness to ask targeted individuals/corporations for their financial support
- Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Strategic Planning
- Nonprofit-startup, Investor Funding, Fundraising
- Technology Expertise
- Sales/Marketing, Social Marketing, Guerilla Marketing, Viral Marketing
- Brand & Product Development
- Digital Currencies/ICO/Blockchain
- Help make people happy and spread kindness around the world
- Be an integral part of a nonprofit’s success
- Broaden your connection and be involved in an innovative and cutting-edge project
- Expand your philanthropic skills and leadership impact
- Collaborative with a global team of people who believe what you believe
- Donor Management
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Product Development
- Business Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- AWESOME UX Special Assistant --...
- Awesome Board Member with BIG...
- Wordpress Specialist - Join an...
- AWESOME Creative Copywriting...
- AWESOME Graphic Designer WANTED:...
- Calling all Dreamers! Looking to...
- Special Assistant NINJA - Become...
- Looking for AMAZING Video Editor...
- Executive Assistant to CEO
- Become a Digital Marketing...
- AMAZING Graphic Designer with...
- Become a Beta Tester for...
- Executive Assistant to the CEO:...