April is financial literacy month, and this year Girl Scouts is partnering with Wells Fargo to offer girls the opportunity to participate in the Hands on Banking Program. Younger girls will have the chance to learn about needs versus wants, budgets, and saving. As for older girls, they will have the opportunity to gain more knowledge about investing, checking and building good credit. During this event girls will move around the room at their own pace, visiting a variety of workshops. Each workshop will teach the girls various aspects of money management, and financial literacy, depending on their age.
Volunteers at this event will assist staff with all event related activities including enrichment activities, staffing activity booths, registration, set-up and clean-up.
- Passionate about encouraging girls to explore, learn and grow
- Supportive of different learning and communication styles
- Desire to provide high-energy experiences to girls
- Willing to provide essential event support such as event organization, set-up and clean-up
- Experience working with children ages 5-18, helpful but not necessary
- Can lift a minimum of 5 pounds
- Punctual, dependable, enthusiastic, flexible and positive attitude
- Help provide a safe space where participants can learn, grow and make memories
- Encourage girls to try new activities, work as a team, and think outside the box
- Support event set-up and clean-up, registration, and evaluations
- Must be over 18 years old
- Must be able to volunteer for the full event
- Event Management
- Financial Literacy
- Youth Services
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3.5 Hours
- Experience working with children ages 5-18 a plus.