We are looking for dedicated, fun, bright youth to learn about restorative justice and who want to serve the Sandy City community and the youth in that community. Youth that want to be mentors to other youth and want to create better pathways to tomorrow.
Youth Court is an excellent opportunity to learn about the criminal justice and legal systems, serve your community, as well as providing leadership opportunities for members of the youth court panel. Youth Court is a great way to serve the community or even earn school credit! Youth Court service is an excellent addition to a resume for a career or for college applications.
Youth Court happens every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month starting in the fall. It starts at 5:30 pm and runs until about 8:00 pm. There is a training held in the summer. Those youth that have been referred to Youth Court in the past and successfully completed their disposition "sentence" are allowed to apply to be members now!
Training is provided!
If you are interested in joining Sandy Youth Court for 2018-2019 and:
- You must be in 9 th through 12 th grade for the 2018-2019 school year.
- Attend a high school in Sandy and/or be a Sandy City resident.
- You must be able to attend Youth Court every 2 nd and 4 th Wednesday from September through May.
- You must complete twenty hours of training prior to being on the court. This training happens in the summer
- You must pass a criminal background check.
Contact Jennifer Hamilton at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for an application! Or you can call at 801.568.6059!
Schools in the Canyons School District should know about the Sandy Youth Court as well. Reach out to the School Resource Officer for a flier or information as well!
- Legal (General)
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check