Visit with a Senior in Queens!
3 people are interested
Friendly Visiting is a social program for older adults. The program is funded by NYC Department of the Aging. The program matches volunteers with homebound seniors for weekly one hour visits. Our seniors live in Forest Hills, Rego Park, Corona, and Elmhurst. Some examples of how volunteers can spend time with their matched senior are: chatting, playing games, looking at photo albums, watching TV, reading to your senior, etc.
Friendly Visitors are responsible for:
- visiting the senior they are matched with for one hour every week for a minimum of 6 months.
- setting up and confirming their visit every week.
- reporting back to the Friendly Visiting office regarding number of visits each month.
- informing the program coordinator of any health changes or concerns with the senior’s living environment.
- maintaining good communication with the senior and giving as much advanced notice as possible if there’s a need to cancel or reschedule a visit.
About Queens Community House
108-25 62nd Drive, Forest Hills, NY 11375, US
Queens Community House provides individuals and families with the tools to enrich their lives and build healthy, inclusive communities.
Queens Community House (QCH) is a multi-site, multi-service settlement house that serves the diverse neighborhoods of Queens. We serve residents of all ages, races, faiths, and ethnicities while supporting the viability of the borough as a whole.
QCH was formed in 1975 (as Forest Hills Community House) to help heal the wounds of a neighborhood conflict. Over four decades, our reach and breadth have grown; today we offer a broad network of comprehensive services at 25 program sites in 11 different neighborhoods in Queens, allowing us to impact individuals, families, and entire communities.
We'll work with your schedule.
To Be ProvidedForest Hills, NY 11375
- Elder care
- Keyboard Instrument
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Once a week for a minimum of 6 months
- 2 References