Our refugee neighbors have emerged as a hardy and loyal workforce for local Atlanta based employers. However, the process of finding and keeping employment can be a challenge for resettled refugees due to language and cultural barriers, lack of formal education and employment literacy. The Refugee Career Hub, Friends of Refugees’ technology center and job literacy program, helps to bridge those gaps by providing quality employment support services including soft-skill training, networking opportunities, internet access and job placement services.
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK: The Job Development intern works approximately 15 hours a week with the Refugee Career Hub to help the Refugee Career Hub find Jobs fitting specific criteria that our clients can easily fill and that help us achieve our goal of finding gainful employment for our refugee and immigrant population.
While the internship is unpaid, this is an opportunity to gain great experience with a non-profit while building your resume.
- Becoming familiar with the Career Hub and the needs of our clients
- Research potential employers and job possibilities
- Be available M/W/F 10 am - 5 pm for the duration of internship
- Assist clients in filling out online and paper applications
- Prepare clients for job interviews
- Accompany clients to job interviews and employment orientations
- Provide general administrative support to Hub team, including email correspondence to employers
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours p/week
- Must be comfortable communicating professionally and being in a business setting