The Social Media Marketing Intern role will lead the organization's marketing and social media operations.
The role will be responsible for creating and structuring social media and marketing content in accordance with the organization mission and vision.
Responsibilities include developing structure, collaborating with Executive Director and working with other program leaders for content development. Duties will be communication and clerical.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop marketing and social media campaigns
- Contribute to website redesign project in various ways
- Develop and maintain brand awareness and online reputation
- Monitor and post on blogs, forums, and social networks
- Online outreach and promotion using Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and more
- Website management and optimization through SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
- Knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledgeable of HTML coding a plus
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content
- Visual Design and Web Development Strategy
- Develop content and promotion strategy. Promote content through social advertising
- Responds to posts or comments to bring valuable user’s interactions with organization
- Posts updates, news and announcements in a timely manner using appropriate content
Highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with our community. That passion comes through as they engage with clients and other staff on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning onlookers into volunteers, donors, and advocates.
- Applications for this internship should be completed by April 6th, 2018
- Be available every Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 10 am - 3:00 pm from start date to end date
- Preferred study areas: Marketing, Communications, Journalism (not limited to)
- This is a part-time internship and we require that you use your own computer to complete internship projects and tasks.
- While the internship is unpaid, this is an opportunity to gain great experience with a non-profit while building your resume.
- Internet Research
- Social Media / Blogging
- Graphic Design
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours a week
- You will need to provide your own equipment (computer/Camera etc)