Job Descriptions: Approximately 4,000 people will come to Free Cone Day ... Our main goal is to gather as many donations as possible, as the register DOES NOT open.
** Shifts Available **
11:30 AM to 2:30 PM
2:30 PM to 5:30 PM
5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Ice Cream Scooper: You will work with the Ben & Jerry’s West Hartford staff. Your role will be to ask customers which flavor they would like, scoop ONLY 1 scoop into either cup or cone. Make sure to emphasize & encourage donations that will go to Connecticut Children’s!
- Hand out flyers/coupons, walk throughout crowd & promote event:Your role is to walk around to the people waiting in line or around the area, and hand out information about Connecticut Children’s. Make sure to emphasize & encourage donations that will go to Connecticut Children’s!
- Donation buckets: Your role is to carry Connecticut Children’s small clear donation bucket, with red top. Walk around crowds and lines and ask for donations, all donations go to Connecticut Children’s Medical Center. This is an important job because all of our money raised on April 10 will be from donations! Make sure to emphasize & encourage donations that will go to Connecticut Children’s!
- Pass out stickers and Connecticut Children’s swag (bracelets, pins, etc.):
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- We will have shifts throughout the day
- Wear sneakers and check the weather, you will be inside and outside!