19 people are interested
Volunteer Coach @ Rancho del Pueblo
Please visit the new page to apply.
19 people are interested
Mentor youth and make a positive difference.
Be part of a supportive community.
Learn coaching and leadership skills.
Join our team as a Volunteer Coach!
- Make a positive impact by providing participants tools to build character
- Meet like-minded people and develop a strong community
- Learn and develop new skills including coaching, communication and leadership
- Assist in establishing a supportive environment for a child’s success.
- Be a role model and mentor.
- Assist in developing leadership, interpersonal and resiliency skills.
- Give back to your community.
- Assist in delivering our golf and life skill curriculum through golf games.
- Demonstrate positive behavior and The First Tee Nine Core Values.
- Provide a safe, positive and nurturing experience for our participants.
- Commit 2.5 hours a day, once a week for an 8-class season.
- Choose from several class options by season, location, day of week, and time.
- Help at least 2 of 4 seasons and at least 6 of 8 lessons each season.
- Attend a 2-hour golf and life skill mentor training prior to each season.
No golf experience necessary!
Volunteer Coaches (mentors) assist with specific classes during each season, and on an ad hoc basis throughout the year. Our classes meet once per week for 8 lessons (8-10 weeks). Volunteer Coaches commit 2.5 hours/ week in a given season.
We welcome Junior Volunteers! You must at least be in 9th grade and are only eligible to volunteer for PLAYer part 1 classes, the entry point for our participants.
Visit our website, www.firsteesiliconvalley.org, click on the "contact us" button and be sure to check 'Volunteering' as your interest.
Coaches for First Tee - Silicon Valley are responsible for the delivery of the First Tee Life Skills Experience and upholding First Tee Coach Philosophy.
Thank you for giving your time and talents to our participants!
About FUTURE TALENT OF SILICON VALLEY dba First Tee - Silicon Valley
1922 THE ALAMEDA STE 214, SAN JOSE, CA 95126, US
Our purpose is to develop youth throughout Silicon Valley, transforming their lives and giving them a brighter future. This coincides with The First Tee’s mission to impact the lives of young people by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values, and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
Our programs fall into one of three categories - Classes, Outreach and Opportunities. Classes are at the heart of our approach with seven levels of positive, developmentally appropriate life skills curriculum that youth are encouraged to experience from 1st through 12th grade. The Outreach program, DRIVE, is very activity-based and modeled after the same life skills curriculum as classes and is delivered by educators both in- and after-school. Finally, Opportunities afford participants a wide variety of life and golf experiences and financial and other resources for their long-term success. Learn more on our Youth Programs page.
In 2016, we served over 1,200 youth on the golf course and introduced the sport of golf to over 6,000 youth at schools and community events. Our programs have reached over 55,000 young people since 2005.
1649 Hermocilla WaySan Jose, CA 95116
November 15, 2022
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Sports Coaching
- General Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 14
- Orientation or Training
- 2.5 hours per week for an 8-week season
- SportsEngine background & SafeSport Training required as well as interview & application required.