Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW (tm) also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW (tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.orgThe Role:
Advise on the creation, operation, maintenance, and management of the STW (tm) Lab Facility which includes laboratory, warehouse, testing, and storage areas. Assist Applications Engineers, Development engineers, in evaluating, investigating and troubleshooting new and existing processes for STW (tm) . This is a virtual/remote position.What you will be responsible for.....
- Assume responsibility for the day to day operation, function and maintenance of the Lab Facility.
- Assist with STW (tm) efforts to develop markets for existing and new products.
- Review application questionnaires and information supplied by customers to assist the laboratory chemists in performing chemical analysis, tests, evaluations and recommendations required. Review outgoing laboratory test reports.
- Participate in technical studies and product testing and provide input regarding specifications and technical plans as requested in accordance with quality requirements, Organization standards, and customer requirements.
- Perform and assist in laboratory tests and evaluations as required.
- Provide technical and process assistance to internal and external customers.
- Assist lab chemist to maintain and follow a Chemical Hygiene Plan for the lab.
- Maintain safe and efficient warehouse activities, procedures and work conditions.
- Communicate with internal customers to determine their needs for warehouse space and storage.
- Coordinate, schedule and track incoming and outgoing warehouse shipments.
- Responsible for purchasing equipment, chemicals, and supplies for the Lab.
- Work with various regulatory agencies (Broward County Hazardous Material & Storage Tank Licensing, etc.).
- Perform other responsibilities as required.
Your Take Away.....
- A chance to develop or master your professional & leadership skills
- Advance & improve your project management skills
- Work with a team of diverse professionals from all over the world
- Opportunity to handle multiple projects
- Be a part of a mission to save our resources and make a deep impact
Apply Now if you have....
- Bachelor degree (or currently enrolled in a degree program) or comparable work
- Excellent planning & time management skills
- Focused attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to handle multiple projects and with an ability to focus on details
- Effective oral communication skills and a clear, courteous and professional manner
- Capacity for self-direction, with tact and diplomacy, and for working cooperatively
- Demonstrated project management skills
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Inventory Management
- Environmental Science
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- minimum of 5-10 hours per month
- be responsive to emails within 36 hours
- Marketing Associate: Partnerships
- Marketing Associate: Email...
- Marketing Associate: Supporter...
- Technology Associate: Web...
- Fundraising Project Leader: Grants
- Marketing Associate Director:...
- Marketing Associate: Branding
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Social Media Project Leader:...
- Marketing Project Leader: Branding
- Publishing Associate: Researcher...
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Education Project Leader: Editor...
- Associate Director: Education -...
- Publishing Associate: SEO...
- Social Media Associate: Design
- Fundraising Associate: Grants
- Social Media Associate Director:...
- Education Project Leader: DILOS...
- Research & Engineering Lab...