Spend one afternoon a week helping refugee kids understand and complete their homework in a group setting.
Homework Club runs from Sept 2016-June 2018. Our first day is September 11th. HW Club is from 3:00-5:00 pm, volunteers can plan to be there from 2:45-5:15 to help set up the room and then put everything away.
Great opportunity for high school or college students looking for a community service project, but also for interested community members.
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 1 or more afternoons/week, M-TH, 3-5pm
- commitment for at least 1 quarter
- Reception Assistant
- Refugee Kids' Homework Helper
- Set up apartments for arriving...
- Get Artsy with Low-Income Youth...
- Homework Helper for At-risk...
- Help Empower Adults to Make...
- Tutor Youth with Diverse...
- Help at-risk youth of color with...
- Help out in a preschool for...
- Assist Refugees in Resettlement