Become a Host Family to an International Exchange Student!
Being a CIEE High School USA host family is about creating a home away from home. You’re part parent, part cultural ambassador, part mentor. Hosting is a chance to learn from one another. Our host families tell us over and over that their lives are just as touched and changed as those of their exchange student.
You’ll join 16,000 CIEE host families that welcome students from 55 counties while they attend high school with the United States’ oldest and largest nonprofit study abroad and intercultural exchange organization. Each year, we bring students who are eager to learn to more than 1,000 schools from our network.
CIEE host parents are volunteers who must be at least 25 years old, and able to provide the following:
- A welcoming home for one or two high school semesters
- Family support
- A bedroom and a bed (students can share rooms with children of the same gender within four years of his/her age)
- An appropriate place to study
- Meals at home and school
- Assistance coordinating appropriate transportation
We'll work with your schedule.
Stillwater and Surrounding AreasStillwater, OK 74075
- People Skills
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Relationship Building
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- 5 or 10 months