Canine Companions for Independence is looking for Sponsorship Chair/Co-Chairs to solicit and secure sponsorships for the 2018 DogFest DFW event. 2018 will mark the 4th annual event. Sponsorship Chair/Co-Chairs must be available to meet once a month for committee meetings and have availability to solicit sponsors, teams and participants. Position description is below but subject to change. Sponsorship Chair/Co-Chairs candidates will need to meet with Event Chair before being accepted for the position.
- Committee members to divide and conquer splitting up the prospect list, dividing prospects by sector (e.g. companies, small businesses, community organizations) or by geographic location
- Determine target list of potential sponsors and amount of ask.
- Ask all Committee Chairs and committee members to provide a list of local businesses and contact names that the Sponsorship Committee may approach for a sponsorship.
- Become familiar with the sponsorship levels and benefits so you know what levels are available and what benefits are offered at each level.
- Meet with potential sponsors to secure sponsorships ($) and teams (participation). Notify Participant Recruitment Chair of any sponsor teams created.
- Follow-up with sponsors to ensure they are engaged in DogFest and their expectations are met.
- Ensure proper recognition is given to sponsors before, during and after DogFest based on the benefits associated with their sponsorship level.
- Track progress towards the $15,000 sponsorship goal and keep committee updated.
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Sales Marketing
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- 5-10 hours per month