Are you at a point in your life where doing something challenging, meaningful and fun is more of an urgent concern for you than compensation? Are you ready to work with smart and talented individuals committed to solving one of the great riddles of the past 100 years? Do you have extensive experience managing teams of diverse individuals from all walks of life? Join a unique experiment in producing vital investigative breakthroughs that will transform our understanding of American democracy and the events that shape it in unseen ways.
Award winning journalist and author seeks a volunteer project manager to develop and oversee a research team for a historically significant investigative book on an important and sensitive topic. Please note: the significance of the project greatly exceeds the monetary resources available. Thus, the team will be composed of highly motivated and skilled volunteers.
- Minimum 15 hours per week on a flexible schedule
- NYC Metropolitan area
- Interest in 20th century American and international politics, history
- Strong people management skills
- Enjoy complex challenges
- Forensic investigative mindset
- Experience with archival work preferred
- Formulate and track project objectives
- Build structure for efficiently managing large team
- Organize a large and diverse body of data
- Work with motivated, thoughtful individuals
- Play a part in a historically important project
Please send us a resume and customized cover letter with an explanation of why you are an especially good fit for this project. More details about this confidential project will be conveyed to qualified candidates. We will not review applications that appear to be mass submissions. You must confirm your understanding that this is a volunteer position.
- Project Management
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Managing Editor at Media...
- JFK ASSASSINATION: RESEARCHER...
- Salesforce Best Practices...
- Salesforce Account Manager
- Salesforce Data Inputter
- Volunteer Assigning Editor
- Virtual Fundraising Manager
- Assistant Editorial Image Editor
- HR Recruitment Strategist
- Best Training Ever: Become a...
- Recruiter for Young Activists...
- Recruiter at Media Nonprofit
- Historical Whodunit Book Project...
- Fundraising Development Manager
- Website Manager - Volunteer
- Research Director
- Editorial Administrative Assistant
- PUBLIC SPEAKING BOOKER