Age Well Live Well VISTA Leader
WhenMon Mar 19, 2018 08:00 AM - Fri Mar 22, 2019 05:00 PM
Where701 West 51st StreetAustin, TX 78751
Texas Health and Human Services is currently looking for an AmeriCorps VISTA leader to support Age Well Live Well and eight VISTA members across the state. VISTAs have a chance to live and serve in the community and work on a focus area of their choice. For a one year commitment, VISTAs receive a modest living allowance, a $5,815 education award (to put towards education expenses like student loans), health and childcare coverage, and more. (Please note: VISTA Leaders must have successfully completed at least one year of VISTA service, or one full term of full-time service (serving 1,770 hours or more) with either AmeriCorps State and National or AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps (NCCC), or at least one traditional term of Peace Corps service. )
The VISTA leader will help recruit, coordinate, train and support eight VISTA members located at seven Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) throughout the state.
The Age Well Live Well VISTA leader will:
- Enhance VISTA project and member effectiveness by facilitating the VISTA team and supporting team members in their work.
- Enhance and ensure VISTA project success by supporting the recruitment and selection of high quality VISTA members.
- Work with VISTA Project leadership to develop high quality member training and orientation for the project.
- Create supportive resources that VISTA members can offer to their AWLW collaboratives.
To view the position posting and apply for this VISTA position visit: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=77847&fromSearch=true
To learn more about AmeriCorps VISTA visit: https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorpsvista
To learn about Texas Health and Human Services visit: https://hhs.texas.gov/
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hours a week.
- Visit: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=77847&fromSearch=true