Purpose: The Red Cross provides assistance to those affected by fire, severe weather, and other disasters. Become a Disaster Action Team member. Assist those affected by disasters in your community.
* Provide timely response to disasters and assist those affected
* Respond to disaster scenes as assigned by Team Leader within two hours
* Meet the needs of those affected by disasters such as the need for shelter and food by providing Red Cross services
* Complete forms related to services provided
* Provide referrals to other agencies
* Communicate to Team Leader about availability and readiness on a regular basis
Apply to volunteer with the Red Cross at the following link: http://rdcrss.org/1jwIkp1
Click apply now and create an account in Volunteer Connection. Complete the volunteer orientation modules. Concurrently, you will need to consent to a background check.
When all that's completed, we'll call you for an intake interview, and place you in the need of ours that fits your interests and skills best!
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Choose your availability on a rotation schedule
- Preparedness Educator
- Disaster Mental Health
- Client Recovery Caseworker
- Recruitment Volunteer
- Community Engagement Volunteer
- Restoring Family Links Outreach
- Services to Armed Forces:...
- Disaster Health Services
- Donor Ambassador
- Emergency Services Dispatch
- Home Fire Campaign Volunteer
- Recognition Volunteer
- Recruitment Lead
- MEPS (Military Entrance...
- Pillowcase Project Presenter
- Disaster Action Team (DAT) member