Do you enjoy meeting, engaging, and inspiring people? Are you an organized person who has good relational and networking skills? Do you have a servant’s heart?
You may be the perfect fit for the Mission Teams Manager position that coordinates church mission teams and groups that come to serve at JAARS.
Your influence could help people to gain a vision for missions and become further engaged with JAARS. Be part of a lasting impact for God’s Kingdom.
Promote and administer the Missions Team program.
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
- Prepare yearly goals, budget and promotion planning
- Represent the department at staff meetings
- Meet teams on Sunday night, and then direct, serve, and support team needs
- Respond to inquiries and process team applications
- Coordinate housing arrangements
- Coordinate team work with Facilities Mission Team Manager
- Find work projects and place appropriate mission team members there
- Participate with Facilities on Monday’s opening and Friday’s closing appreciation
- Prepare or order meals on Monday and Thursday nights for the team
- Arrange for presentations from JAARS staff and missionaries
- Photograph teams throughout week and distribute to them before leaving
- Encourage further engagement with JAARS
- Work two evenings and briefly Sundays when teams are present
- Check on housing accommodations after departure on Saturday for cleanliness and items left behind
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively
- Excellent relational skills
- Ability to organize and follow through
- Attention to detail
- Confidence in leading people
- Servant heart
- MS Office applications
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.
JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- People Skills
- Project Management
- Faith-based Leadership
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 30+ hours
- Kitchen Assistant
- Avionics Technician
- Aviation Hangar Receptionist
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Aviation Mechanic
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Aviation Hangar Bookkeeper
- Partner Relations Representative
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- Bloom Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor