Are you technical, creative with great attention to detail? Do you want to elicit change on a national level by helping homeless animals all over the country? We are currently looking for a Volunteer Website Administrator to join our current Web Admin team.
We believe that every dog and cat, no matter their age, medical need, or behavioral issue, deserves a loving forever home. These hard-to-place animals tend to be overlooked in shelters and rescues across the country, and that’s why we started Core Paws. We provide a free service to 501c3 shelters, rescues, and municipal shelters - to showcase these animals on one central website.
As a Website Administrator, you will email directly with our animal rescue and shelter partners. Web Admins add new hard-to-place animals onto our website and remove animals from our website when they are adopted. Copyediting of the bios sent to us and resizing of the animal's images is also required.
Each Web Admin is in charge of one specific day throughout the week, where he/she will dedicate time to updating our website with new animals that have been sent to Core Paws. The current day we are looking to fill is Wednesday.
- Communication skills - a successful Web Admin is customer service oriented. Being a great communicator is one of the most important factors of this position since you will be e-mailing with our rescue/shelter partners.
- Understanding of WordPress
- Photo Cropping Skills - ability to crop photos to 480X480 pixels
- Copy Editing Skills: Web Admin's edit animal bios for flow, grammar/tone
- Understanding of Google Drive (we utilize google drive/spreadsheets)
- Works well on a team
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Checking of Core Paws Web Updates email account on given day
- Adding/removing animals on given day
- Attending virtual Web Admin team meetings
- Joining Team Core Paws on Slack (we use this for internal team communication)
BENEFITS OF VOLUNTEERING
- Help hundreds of homeless animals across the nation at the same time (help elicit change on a national scale)
- Utilize your professional skills and engage in a meaningful service
- Enhance your knowledge of animal rescue and non-profits
- Join our wonderful team of compassionate animal lovers
Please visit our website at: www.corepaws.com to familiarize yourself with our cause. Please submit your interest with why this volunteer position sticks out to you and why our movement for hard-to-place homeless animals is near to your heart. Thank you!
- People Skills
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Content Management Systems
- Website Project Management
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 23
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours/week
- Knowledge of CMS systems, lover of all animals