Chair, Fundraising Committee of the Board
In addition to the meeting the duties of a general board member, a committee chair shall:
- Take responsibility for recruiting and supporting committee members and build collegial working relationships among the committee members to enable consensus building.
- Develop an agenda for each committee meeting and be responsible for follow-up with action items generated at the meeting.
- Develop an annual strategic plan for their committee and oversee its implementation.
- Oversee the logistics of the committee’s operations; i.e. assigns work to committee members, runs the meetings, and ensures distribution of meeting minutes and posting all information regarding the meetings and committee work on the committee page of the Mitrata website.
- Report to the Board President and is in charge of reporting the work of the committee to the full Board.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and other staff as agreed to by the Executive Director.
- Initiates and leads the committee’s annual evaluation.
Duties specific to the Chair of the Fundraising Committee:
- Review all previous year fundraising activities and make recommendations for improvements for new fiscal year.
- Analyze relationships with current and prospective donor, funders, and event attendees and sponsors, and develop individualized strategies to cultivate and strengthen those relationships.
- Ensure proper research occurs to identify potential funding from different types of sources.
- Develop an action plan to identify who will oversee which campaign, event and individual request for funding.
- Work with staff, committee and board members, and volunteers as required to plan and execute fundraising campaigns and events
- Along with Executive Director and Director of Development, meet with current and prospective major donors and funders.
- Ensure that board and committee members’ respective networks for potential donations, time and in-kind support are regularly cultivated.
- Event Planning and Implementation Experience
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Project Organizational Skills
- PC experience including Microsoft Office, Social Media, Databases
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training