The Climate Mobilization is seeking an experienced volunteer to develop and manage an organizing program focused on empowering local chapters to move local governments into emergency mobilization to combat the climate crisis.
- Defining, tracking, and improving key success measures for active chapters.
- Managing onboarding processes for new local chapters.
- Cultivating organizing and recruiting skills of volunteer organizers
- Developing communication systems that local organizers can use to most effectively communicate within and across chapters
- Corresponding regularly with representatives of local chapters; providing resources as needed and conveying local needs and challenges to TCM central team
- Facilitating group calls and trainings
- Advising local organizers on building relationships and coalitions with other aligned community groups
- Working with the TCM central team to design, implement, and oversee plans for decentralized campaigns and strategies for local groups
- Assisting in strategic organizational planning as necessary
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in managing volunteer-based local and/or national organizations, especially in coalition campaigns
- High comfort level with online communication and task management platforms.
- Commitment to TCM’s message of climate truth, urgency, and inclusiveness
- Ability to motivate and inspire others, a sense of humor
- Effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and manage time
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills. Being bilingual (especially in Spanish) is a plus.
- Experience in managing and working respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds
- A collaborative spirit, ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Some understanding of climate and progressive politics, especially at a local level, and ability to learn quickly
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Relationship Building
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment