Children’s Music Fund, a 503(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is seeking an innovative and motivated professional to be our Social Media Director. We are looking for candidates that are passionate about music culture, social media, and giving back to the community. The position focuses on preparing, creating, and monitoring content for the organization’s social media outlets and utilizing best practices in social media management and digital marketing/communications protocol. The Social Media Director will also work to stimulate brand awareness and drive fundraising efforts through event marketing and digital campaigns. This is a volunteer virtual opportunity (unpaid). Please visit our web site at www.theCMF.org to find out about our organization.Duties:
- Strategize and implement content strategy for social media & blog, and maintain the CMF website regularly.
- Research industry news in music therapy and the nonprofit sector.
- Monitor and maintain social media channels.
- Brainstorm and write short form content for the CMF Blog.
- Draft ESP newsletter campaigns, press releases, and internal communications.
- Monitor and promote digital fundraising campaigns, including event promotion and online donation drives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- 1-2 years of experience in Social Media, Digital Marketing, Communications, Promotions or similar field.
- Experience with Wordpress and ESP’s (Mailchimp prefered).
- Active participation and knowledge of social media platforms, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Hootsuite.
- Basic photoshop experience, video editing (preferred).
- Marketing Analytics
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 15 hours/week +