Web Design for society-shaping NGO. Education for the greater good.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
1 person is interested
The Global Change Leaders (GCL) are a community of systemic leaders who evolve education systems into 'learning ecosystems' that empower every person to live for the greater good.
We launched in January 2018 in Lyon (pictures here ), one of 15 city or regional 'learning ecosystem prototypes' on 5 continents. The collaborative has 400 leaders from institutions such as Ashoka, OECD, Skoll, UN, Harvard, Cambridge, Vodafone, Microsoft, Brookings and more.
Mission: To weave the global community of Change Leaders creating learning ecosystems that empower every young person to live for the greater good.
Vision: 1 billion more young people empowered to live for the greater good.
The GCL helps Change Leaders scale their impact in education by building:
+ Communities & Teams
+ Capacity & Knowledge
+ Conversations & Demand
Web Design role
- Primarily: Multimedia design, Designing & updating websites, Content management.
- Extra points for: Web development, Databases, Programming, Automation, Determining technical requirements
Are you a multi-talented swiss army knife? Besides the Web Design role described below, there are also currently opportunities in:
- Growth Hacking: Lead Generation, Business Development, Digital Marketing.
- Community Building / Ecosystem Strategy: Community Engagement, Event Management, Social Media.
- Research & writing: Market Research, Literature Review, Report & Blog Writing.
In your application, please describe all areas you have competency in. Please also mention areas you wish to develop skills in.Your Web Design Profile
- Very proficient in Graphic Design, Web Design, Website Management
- UI / UX
- Solid artistic and design skills.
- Excellent with conceptualizing and simplifying. Can parse complex concepts into simplified visuals for laypeople, capturing the essence of ideas.
- Basic to advanced coding knowledge.
- Familiarity with SEO and marketing.
- Fluent English essential: good copy skills.
- Top 20% of your peers.
- 0-5 years working experience.
- Appetite for learning, curiosity and efficiency.
- Affinity with digital, comfortable with data and digital tools.
- Deliver to a deadline, communicate instantly if an unexpected roadblock appears that might delay work. Utterly resourceful and self-directed. Make suggestions wherever you see opportunity. Work fast and smart. Productive rather than busy.
- Extra points for experience in Web Development, Product Design, Customer Journeys.
- Extra points for interest in startups, communications, collaborations, communities, education, wellbeing, coaching or happiness (tell us about it!).
- Opportunity to convert to permanent position with all the benefits of an early employee... or better yet, become a co-founder!
- Enjoy learning from A-team and community. Witness every win, every mistake and every lesson learned. Experience the workings of a dynamic, social impact innovation engine. Experience applied design thinking and practical lean startup methods: Learn; build; measure. Repeat.
- We want you to grow with this project and do the things you love, today and tomorrow. What is your learning goal for next year? What is your dream role in 5 years?
- Flexible working hours. Part time or Full time. Work from wherever with regular meetups (work and social) in Amsterdam.
- Min 10 weeks, no max. If you are currently studying, let us know when you'd be able to start.
- We are powered by volunteers and pro bono support. This role is also a volunteer role. We aim to have funds to pay staff by Q3 2018. A key focus of this role is to facilitate the process of fundraising.
Only those who answer all questions & state "Let's get this started!" in your message will be considered for an interview.
What past project or job have you had that is most like this one and why? Please share your portfolio.
What is your learning goal for this year? What is your dream role in 5 years?Let’s match your amazing potential with this amazing potential. Contact us today; we are excited to hear from you! Interviews will be held shortly, ideally with a view to a March start.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
De Ruijterkade 128Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Web Design / UX
- Graphic Design
- Website Programming
- Website Project Management
- People 55+
- Flexible hrs. Part time or Full time. 10 wks min.