We aim to run an inclusive volunteering programme, which is open to all. We particularly welcome applications from people who have, or have been affected by cystic fibrosis.
The Community Team are looking to provide the best possible fundraising support to local events, schools and businesses, etc. raising the profile of cystic fibrosis and the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust.
We are looking for someone to:
* Assist the regional community team across a given geographical region, by raising awareness and representing the trust at community based events
* Support community fundraising team to raise the profile of the Trust in your area, this could be by;
- attending public engagements.
- speaking with small businesses, schools and community groups etc.
- other activities to raise Cystic Fibrosis awareness in your community
. * Be a community presence and representative for the Trust. Available to support all around the region to help with raising money for the Trust with small tasks like:
- collecting cheque donations on the Trust’s behalf- delivering presentations as a thank you from the Trust
- delivering presentations to fundraising groups in your region
- engaging with the press
* Support the Trust by sharing your regional knowledge to help identify future fundraising and charity partnership opportunities
* Share their creative and innovate ideas to help develop new and existing opportunities
What are we looking for?
Someone who has:
* Excellent interpersonal and organisation skills
* Passionate about the work of the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
* Access to a vehicle and holds full UK driving licence
* Willing and able to travel within agreed area, throughout the community, and can get around easily
* Able to speak to audiences of various sizes about cystic fibrosis and the work of the Trust
* Able to work both independently and as part of the wider community team and demonstrate a can-do attitude
* Can use Office365/ Skype, mobile phone or home landline
* Engaged with your local community
* Passionate about raising funds and awareness for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust
We will give:
* Full support from the regional Community and Development Manager
* Induction and ongoing training and support within the role
* Travel expenses (according to our expenses policy) will be reimbursed
To apply to this role please follow the link: https://www.cysticfibrosis.org.uk/get-involved/working-with-us/volunteering/volunteering-register-your-interest
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training