Grant Writing Intern/Volunteer
7 people are interested
The Grant Writing Intern will assist with the identification of appropriate grantors and the execution and submission of grant requests. This position would require an intern with strong research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Research available and applicable grants and fundraising opportunities;
- Create spreadsheet outlining grantor requirements and application deadlines;
- Assist in compliance and reporting requirements for grantors/funders;
- Assist with draft full grant proposals for submission;
- Write solicitations for potential donors;
- Write compelling nonprofit documents in preparation for grant;
- Write text for posters, flyers, brochures, pamphlets, informational materials and for materials which will be distributed to the general public;
- Working closely with Executive Director to apply for opportunities.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 60 hours within a 3 month period;
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude;
- Organized, reliable and multitasking abilities;
- Punctual and accurate communicator, responsive to email, telephone calls and direct communication from staff;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- Environment and performance of the group;
- Quick learner who is eager to grow;
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills;
- Learn how to think critically and act logically to solve problems and make decisions;
- Develop leadership skills through taking ownership and responsibility for projects;
- Learn how to develop a positive attitude toward change;
- Spanish language is not required, but would be an asset.
- Some experience required;
- Use computers, technology, tools, and information systems effectively;
- Experience with fundraising events a plus.
- This internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship , dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- Not paid internship.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
- Executive Admin
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
- Must be at least 18