29 people are interested
Grant Writing Intern/Volunteer
29 people are interested
The Grant Writing Intern will assist with the identification of appropriate grantors and the execution and submission of grant requests. This position would require an intern with strong research, writing, and analytical skills.
- Research available and applicable grants and fundraising opportunities;
- Create spreadsheet outlining grantor requirements and application deadlines;
- Assist in compliance and reporting requirements for grantors/funders;
- Assist with draft full grant proposals for submission;
- Write solicitations for potential donors;
- Write compelling nonprofit documents in preparation for grant;
- Write text for posters, flyers, brochures, pamphlets, informational materials and for materials which will be distributed to the general public;
- Working closely with the Executive Director to apply for opportunities.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 3-4 month period;
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude;
- Organized, reliable and multitasking abilities;
- Punctual and accurate communicator, responsive to email, telephone calls and direct communication from staff;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills;
- Environment and performance of the group;
- Quick learner who is eager to grow;
- An analytical mind with problem-solving skills;
- Learn how to think critically and act logically to solve problems and make decisions;
- Develop leadership skills through taking ownership and responsibility for projects;
- Learn how to develop a positive attitude toward change;
- Spanish language is not required, but would be an asset.
- The candidate needs to be available to come to the CCWF office in Geneva, Illinois (we could discuss a few hours at home). Office is open from Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm.
- Some experience required;
- Use computers, technology, tools, and information systems effectively;
- Experience with fundraising events a plus.
- The internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship, dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- This is an unpaid position, but a small stipend may be provided at the end of the internship based on the student’s approved travel expenses.
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
September 29, 2021
- Executive Admin
- Business Development
- Administrative Support
- Professional Development
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18