1 person is interested
Position: Workshop Facilitator
Reports To: Circle of Care Clinical Services Manager
General Purpose: The Workshop Facilitator serves as a representative for PSS, supporting the Agency's mission of strengthening the capacity of older New Yorkers, their families, and communities to thrive.
- Design, present, evaluate, recommend, and disseminate high quality, culturally appropriate health education information and materials to senior population.
- Facilitate classes according to the organization’s guidelines.
- Verifies class attendance and submits attendance to supervisor
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Must be punctual and have consistent attendance
- Be prepared to work as part of a team
- Interact in a friendly and patient manner with senior center members
Time Commitment: Minimum of 1- 2 hours a week (flexible)
Support: Training for this position will be provided.
Dress Code: Casual
Start Date: Immediate
- Bilingual in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Teaching or training experience
- Comfortable interacting with Seniors
- Group facilitation & presentation skills
- Possible experience as Vocational Counselor or Life Coach
- Great listener and who has a heart for working with, and empowering, seniors
- Outgoing team player
Benefits: Volunteers will work with a diverse range of people and have the opportunity to showcase their skills by engaging with senior members and supporting staff. In addition, volunteers will have chance to network, grow as an individual and build their resume.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Elder care
- Teaching / Instruction
- People 55+
- 1- 2 hours a week (flexible)