To ensure you receive a response for your application and continue receiving our emails for further communication, please add ''email@example.com" to your address book or safe list.
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and Associates are expected to put in a minimum of 5 hours a week and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Associates must be willing to attend to weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required.
Do you know what harmful contaminants are in your water? How it gets there? What effect it has on your families and environment? Save the Water(tm) (STW(tm)) is the one looking for answers.
STW(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water; and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts. STW(tm) also offers educational programs to excite young minds about water science.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long term solutions to water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org
Volunteering with STW(tm) is different from other volunteer experiences as we work in an almost 100% online environment. Save The Water(tm) is run like a business and we rely heavily on frequent email communications, meetings held via google hangouts, and collaboration on projects via google drive.
Volunteers are held to high standards and deliverable due dates.
Are you passionate about writing and research? Save the Water(tm) is currently in need of talented and ambitious Education Associate: DILOS & STEM Support who will be reviewing and creating STW(tm) water science curriculum,assisting in coordinating field trip and classroom visits for the STEM and DILOS programs. It is preferred if the applicant currently lives in Miami-Dade or Broward county in South Florida.
- Assist with creating and updating K -12 science curriculum, specifically related to water conservation, management, and science.
- Assist in reviewing and creating STW(tm) water science curriculum
- Assist in coordinating field trip and classroom visits for the STEM and DILOS programs.
- Knowledge of Common Core and other state specific standards for STEM related subjects
- May be required to represent STW(tm) in classroom, field trips, and other events.
- Attend monthly Education group meeting.
- Complete the PWR at least on the weekly minimum basis
- Report to Project Leader for the given project team
- Preferable living in Miami-Dade or Broward county.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including persuasive writing, public speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively autonomously with minimum to no supervision
- Basic proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and electronic conferencing tools (such as Google Hangouts).
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you! (c) 2018.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- 5 hours per week
- be responsive to emails within 36 hours
- Marketing Associate: Partnerships
- Marketing Associate: Email...
- Marketing Associate: Supporter...
- Technology Associate: Web...
- Fundraising Project Leader: Grants
- Marketing Associate Director:...
- Marketing Associate: Branding
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Social Media Project Leader:...
- Marketing Project Leader: Branding
- Publishing Associate: Researcher...
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Education Project Leader: Editor...
- Associate Director: Education -...
- Publishing Associate: SEO...
- Social Media Associate: Design
- Fundraising Associate: Grants
- Social Media Associate Director:...
- Education Project Leader: DILOS...
- Research & Engineering Lab...