OPA would not exist without dedicated Volunteers who want to make our community a safe one for homeless animals. Since our inception, the number of dogs and cats that we have assisted with our life-saving programs has grown exponentially. The time has arrived where our future growth and our ability to increase life-savings has been impacted by our need for great volunteers! The Volunteer Team Leader will work with closely with OPA’s Board of Directors to develop strategies to effectively recruit and manage OPA’s volunteers. Duties will include:
- Organizing General New Volunteer Orientations Sessions that share our values and Mission, while giving an overview of Volunteer areas.
- Assisting Program Team Leads with their volunteer training programs
- Tracking volunteer information and time commitments . We want to assure that an OPA volunteer’s precious time-commitment is productive and rewarding.
- Working closely with our Marketing Team, to market and post volunteer opportunities within our group, and to our Community!
If you are interested in this position, you will not be alone! OPA has Team members in place to assist with many of these duties!
- Program Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Animal Care / Handling
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Approximately 10-20 hours a week