To ensure you receive a response for your application and continue receiving our emails for further communication, please add ''email@example.com" to your address book or safe list.
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and Associates are expected to put in a minimum of 5 hours a week and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- Associates must be willing to attend to weekly/bi-weekly meetings as and when required.
ABOUT THE EDUCATION GROUP
The Education Group is part of Save the Water(tm) (STW(tm))’s Public Awareness efforts. We design educational materials to inform concerned citizens about water contamination and what they can do to help. Our content is distributed through the STW(tm) website and our Day in the Life of a Scientist (DILOSTM) STEM Classroom Workshop. Through education, we aim to arm our readers to be agents of environmental and social change so that we may preserve our water sources for generations to come.
- Support the Education Group by researching and writing content that increases public awareness about water contamination.
- Research topics on water contamination using credible sources.
- Catalog references and fact check sources.
- Write educational content on topics including, but not limited:
- Water Education
- Sources of Contamination
- Environmental Impacts
- Contaminant Information
- Update content on website when needed.
- Monitor webpages for broken and error links.
- Assist Project Leader in brainstorming content for the website.
- Deliver project updates at monthly Education Group meeting
- Create graphics when needed
- Excellent content writing skills (grammar, punctuation, etc.)
- Background in STEM field (e.g. Environmental Science, Physical Sciences, Engineering, or other related field)
- Previous experience with WordPress preferred but not necessary
- Graphic design skills preferred, but not necessary
- Background in STEM education as instructor or tutor a plus
- Previous laboratory experience in academic/industrial research a plus
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Effective oral communication skills and ability to work cooperatively with staff.
- Innovative thinker who is passionate about our cause.
- Familiar with current school age trends.
- Continuous access to internet is required- as a virtual organization, we rely on multiple Google platforms (e.g. Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, and Drive) to support our workflow and communication.
- Availability during US Eastern Time Zone is preferred
How to apply:
Please include a 1-2 page writing sample that exemplifies your ability to communicate an academic topic, preferably in a STEM field. This sample can be an excerpt from an essay or report. Please submit the above along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you! (c) 2018.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Internet Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 16
- minimum of 5 hours per week
- be responsive to emails within 36 hours
- Marketing Associate: Partnerships
- Marketing Associate: Email...
- Marketing Associate: Supporter...
- Technology Associate: Web...
- Fundraising Project Leader: Grants
- Marketing Associate Director:...
- Marketing Associate: Branding
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Social Media Project Leader:...
- Marketing Project Leader: Branding
- Publishing Associate: Researcher...
- Marketing Project Leader:...
- Education Project Leader: Editor...
- Associate Director: Education -...
- Publishing Associate: SEO...
- Social Media Associate: Design
- Fundraising Associate: Grants
- Social Media Associate Director:...
- Education Project Leader: DILOS...
- Research & Engineering Lab...