82 people are interested
Social Media & Marketing Intern/Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
82 people are interested
The Social Media & Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting in the communications and marketing plan -- focusing specifically on digital communications -- to build awareness within the community, and to increase the donations; promote, distribute and report CCWF programs, workshops, fundraiser. The Intern is responsible for assist and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Using our platforms and creating new ones, interns will have the opportunity to learn about event promotion, fundraising through social media and much more. It will also give interns the opportunity to gain insights into nonprofit management, children's rights, and work within communities.
- Managing the social media & marketing strategy; focusing on CCWF's website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Hootsuite;
- Execution of all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, increasing social reach and building meaningful connections, etc.);
- Communicating in a professional, but unique social media "voice"; directly aligned with the CCWF’ thought leadership and content platform;
- Researching & developing social media fundraising initiatives;
- Keeping social media outlets updated and contributing to continuous improvement;
- Expansion of current readership of all media;
- Developing videos and other messages, promoting CCWF events;
- Prepare promotional presentations;
- Help distribute marketing materials;
- Help organize marketing events;
- Supporting Salesforce & Campaign Monitor.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 120 hours within a 3-4 month period;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Spanish language is not required but would be an asset.
- The candidate needs to be available to come to the CCWF office in Geneva, Illinois (we could discuss a few hours at home). Office is open from Mon-Fri, 9am - 5pm.
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management;
- Some experience with marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail, and web).
- The internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship, dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- This is an unpaid position, but a small stipend may be provided at the end of the internship based on the student’s approved travel expenses.
22 More opportunities with Changing Children's Worlds Foundation1 Review
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
May 19, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training