Social Media & Marketing Intern/Volunteer
9 people are interested
The Social Media & Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting in the communications and marketing plan -- focusing specifically on digital communications -- to build awareness within the community, and to increase the donations; promote, distribute and report CCWF programs, workshops, fundraiser. The Intern is responsible for assist and executing the company’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Using our platforms and creating new ones, interns will have the opportunity to learn about event promotion, fundraising through social media and much more. It will also give interns the opportunity to gain insights into nonprofit management, children's rights, and work within communities.
- Managing the social media & marketing strategy; focusing on CCWF's website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Hootsuite;
- Execution of all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, increasing social reach and building meaningful connections, etc.);
- Communicating in a professional, but unique social media "voice"; directly aligned with the CCWF’ thought leadership and content platform;
- Researching & developing social media fundraising initiatives;
- Keeping social media outlets updated and contributing to continuous improvement;
- Expansion of current readership of all media;
- Developing videos and other messages, promoting CCWF events;
- Prepare promotional presentations;
- Help distribute marketing materials;
- Help organize marketing events;
- Supporting Salesforce & Campaign Monitor.
- High School graduate, current college student, or college graduate who is self-motivated and directed;
- Able to dedicate at least 60 hours within a 3 month period;
- Good writing and communication skills;
- Spanish language is not required but would be an asset.
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management;
- Some experience with marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail, and web).
- This internship can be used to credits earned for an academic internship , dependent upon the institution’s approval;
- Not paid internship.
We'll work with your schedule.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
- Basic Computer Skills
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training