Founded in 2007, Building Skills Partnership (BSP) is a statewide organization that works towards its mission to improve the quality of life for low-wage janitors and their families by increasing their skills, access to education and opportunities for career and community advancement. BSP represents a unique partnership between building service companies, building owners, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), and the broader community.
The Videographer Intern will have the opportunity to build on video editing skills learned in the classroom through real-world, hands-on experience. The intern will work closely with BSP’s communications team to execute a video strategy that consists of creating 2-3 high engaging marketing and informative impact videos. Our ideal candidate has a creative eye for assisting in the creation of multiple video projects in a short timeline, is highly motivated, collaborative and is a subject matter expert in video trends. The intern will have the opportunity to tell unique and impactful stories through video and increase the awareness of BSP programs that serve immigrant communities across California.
- Support video production (scripting, filming, and editing) of 2-3 videos showcasing BSP’s impact at the workplace and in the community.
- Film using DSLR cameras in on site environments
- Utilize your studio and set skills including lighting and audio
- Assist in managing digital media assets
- Proficiency in the following applications: Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and video conversion applications
- Understanding of the fundamentals of camera and lighting operations: including composition, exposure and the ingestion of media to prep for editing.
- Able to work from LA office 10 hours/week.
- Advanced knowledge in scripting, filming, and editing
- A personal computer for remote work required.
- A well-developed understanding and previous experience with video production (documentary / news / interview style shooting).
- Spanish is a plus.
- Highly collaborative and excellent team player.
- Strong intercultural communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds.
- Flexibility, strong organization skills and attention to detail.
Please send your resume along with your portfolio or a sample of your best work to:
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours/week