Purpose of role:
Fundraising Interns learn about and work across the F&BF teams. The purpose is to support the organisation’s Fundraising team through research, data analysis, event-planning, and communicating with a range of stakeholders (including internal stakeholders, community volunteers, prospective donors, and VIPs).
Depending on your interests/skills, you may have the opportunity to focus on a particular type of fundraising (Challenge and Community Fundraising / High Net Worth Individual Giving / Trusts and Foundations Fundraising).
Typical tasks include:
- Conducting research tasks
- Developing fundraising communications
- Meeting with high profile stakeholders, both internal and external
- Communicating with and supporting community fundraisers from the 'F&BF family’
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation tasks for programmes across the organisation
- Compiling prospective donor proles
- Supporting the coordination of major donor events e.g. dinners
What we are looking for:
- An interest in and passion for interfaith and intercultural dialogue
- A positive, enthusiastic, sensitive and inclusive approach
- Ability to work independently and well as part of a team
- Proven ability to complete research tasks
- Excellent written communication skills
- Solid computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- An interest in fundraising in the charity sector
- Experience in organising events (preferred, not essential)
Supervision and support:
The Fundraising team provides direct supervision, overseeing and providing feedback on tasks. The Volunteer Manager supports interns’ learning and development. Regular interfaith and skills-based training sessions are provided. Join a network of 200 former and current interns.
This voluntary role is for three or six months, three days a week, in our Kentish Town Office.
Travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed.
Application closing date: Monday 20 August 2018 at 9.00
Assessment day for shortlisted applicants: Thursday 30 August
Induction dates: Tuesday 18 September and Thursday 20 September
Internships finish: Friday 7 December
Apply at: https://faithbeliefforum.org/programme/fbf-internship-programme/
F&BF is a leading interfaith and intercultural charity that builds good relations between people from different backgrounds. We welcome applications from people of all faiths, beliefs and cultures.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 days every week for 3 or 6 months