Purpose of role:
To support the logistics, events and communications of the ParliaMentors programme and gain hands-on experience from an organisation that works with young people and professional politicians.
F&BF’s ParliaMentors programme is a UN award-winning leadership programme where teams of university students of different faiths and beliefs collaborate to create real social change while being mentored by MPs.
Typical tasks include:
- Supporting the delivery of the ParliaMentors programme
- Supporting the team in communicating with participants on the programme
- Help with promotion of the programme & researching new stakeholders
- Support the social action projects led by ParliaMentors participants, particularly researching potential partners
- Assist the development of the ParliaMentors alumni network
- Develop and build on research and analysis
- Using social media to enhance the programme’s prole
What we are looking for:
- An interest in and passion for interfaith and intercultural dialogue
- A positive, sensitive and inclusive approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in using and measuring social media to maintain contact and market projects
- An interest in politics and student activism
- Event planning skills
- Proven ability to work independently and take own initiative, and as part of a diverse team
Supervision and support:
The Mentoring team provide direct supervision, overseeing and providing feedback on tasks. The Volunteer Manager supports interns’ learning and development. Regular interfaith and skills-based training sessions are provided. Join a network of 200 former and current interns.
This voluntary role is for three or six months, three days a week, in our Kentish Town office.
Travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed.
Application closing date: Monday 20 August 2018 at 9.00
Assessment day for shortlisted applicants: Thursday 30 August
Induction dates: Tuesday 18 September and Thursday 20 September
Internships finish: Friday 7 December
Apply at: https://faithbeliefforum.org/programme/fbf-internship-programme/
F&BF is a leading interfaith and intercultural charity that builds good relations between people from different backgrounds. We welcome applications from people of all faiths, beliefs and cultures.
- Program Management
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 3 days every week for 3 or 6 months