Development Assistant - Administration
DONATE TO THIS
18 people are interested
Perform a wide range of administrative and office support activities all directly related to fundraising for Fish & Loaves Executive Director. The focus is on fund development/philanthropy and wide range of projects. We need your help to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
Do you have an interest in learning the ins and outs of fundraising?
Help with the planning and execution of special events and conferencing.
Development with a wide ranging set of responsibilities. Assist with stewardship follow-up, on-line funding campaigns, help create development materials on line and hard copy a well as impactful direct mail.
- receive and direct visitors and clients
- Set-up meetings with donors/supporters
- general clerical duties including photocopying, fax and mailing
- maintain electronic and hard copy lists including creating lists
- retrieve documents from filing system
- handle requests for information and data
- resolve administrative problems and inquiries
- prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for managers or supervisors
- Donor Stewardship
- prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- coordinate maintenance of office equipment
- coordinate and maintain records for staff, telephones, parking and petty cash
- computer skills and knowledge of relevant software
- knowledge of operation of standard office equipment.
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures and systems such as filing and record keeping
- knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management
communication skills - written and verbal
- planning and organizing
- problem assessment and problem solving
- information gathering and information monitoring
- attention to detail and accuracy
- data mining
About FISH & LOAVES
25670 NORTHLINE RD, TAYLOR, MI 48180, US
Fish & Loaves is a 501(c)3, client-choice, food pantry, "Ensuring No One Goes Hungry" in the communities they serve. It is a faith based, non-sectarian organization staffed by volunteers serving those in need regardless of religious beliefs. Located in a 12,000 square-foot facility, the pantry currently serves residents of seven adjacent communities--Allen Park, Brownstown Township, Dearborn Heights, Romulus, Southgate, Taylor, and Woodhaven.
Fish & Loaves Community Food Pantry was first launched by an ecumenical group of Taylor churches inspired by a miracle story from the gospels-Jesus feeding the multitudes with five barley loaves and two fish. Fish & Loaves’ own founding and growth has been miraculous. Some of the churches involved had their own emergency food pantries and others did not. However, they all united to ensure that families and individuals had access to more comprehensive and long-term food assistance in the face of tough times. The client-choice pantry is currently the largest facility of its kind in the Metro Detroit area and has become a model for other similar community initiatives in Macomb and Wayne Counties. Since its grand opening in 2008, Fish & Loaves has also hosted visitors from thirty different countries interested in learning how Metro Detroiters are responding to the needs created by a rapidly changing economy.
We'll work with your schedule.
Fish and Loaves Community Food Pantry25670 Northline RoadTaylor, MI 48180
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Donor Management
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- You can set your own schedule....