Rainforest Partnership based in Austin, Texas is an international nonprofit organization whose mission is to protect and regenerate tropical rainforests by working with the people of the forests to develop sustainable livelihoods that empower and respect both people and nature.
We are looking for video creator/editor interns. The video intern's duties include, but aren't limited to, the following:
- Creating video content to post on various social media
- Establishing an up-to-date schedule for postings
- Assisting in creating a digital toolkit for Rainforest Partnership
Required skills and abilities include:
- Video Editing
- Experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Experience in social media is required, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Linkedin
- Ability to work in a team setting
What you will get from this opportunity:
- An ability to work in a growing international NGO with a unique model of working
- You will gain experience in International Development
- The experience to work in a position of real responsibility
- An ability to own your designated work portfolio, and learn hands-on project management, time management, ability to collaborate with highly skilled staff and volunteers
- Work in a fun, high energy, positive, collaborative and diverse work environment
As the first challenge in this position, you should create a shareable video for World Rainforest Day. World Rainforest Day, June 22, is a collaborative effort to encourage awareness and compel action to save one of the Earth's most precious resources, the rainforests. We need the help of a volunteer who is capable of putting together a 1 minute promotional and informational video that conveys the message of World Rainforest Day and inspires people to act.
The video will be shared on various social media platforms and needs to be eye-catching, inspirational, and upbeat. After discussing further, the overall message and important key points of the video with the World Rainforest Day coordinator, the volunteer would have creative freedom in the execution of the video. The video will include World Rainforest Day logo, and Rainforest Partnership has an archive of rainforest pictures and videos you can use for the video. Your video could be seen by thousands or even millions of people around the world, as World Rainforest Day is an international event and has partnered with large social media followings.
The video needs to be ready to circulate on our social media accounts by mid-April, and the earlier the better. The volunteer would have regular check-ins with the World Rainforest Day coordinator, who will always be available to answer any questions. The volunteer can work from home and would be expected to have their own computer and other necessary equipment.
If the opportunity to create a video about rainforest conservation for a worldwide audience interest you, and beyond that to be part of Rainforest Partnership team please get in contact with us! please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com. indicating interest position. We look forward to hearing from you! Here's your chance to get involved in a global environmental cause!
- Social Media / Blogging
- Online Flash/Video Production
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Visual Arts
- Video Production
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- At least 6 months
- At least 15 hours per week