Case Management Internship
26 people are interested
"We put people to work"
The Goodwill Volunteer Program supports the mission by:
- Providing the community with opportunities to become part of our mission and serve as ambassadors.
- Matching skills-based volunteers to opportunities within the agency.
- Bringing in individuals who can provide fresh insight and ideas to Goodwill staff and the individuals we serve.
- Providing staff with experienced professionals who enable Goodwill teams to focus on delivering services and business operations.
Major Responsibilities: As an unpaid intern you will apply research techniques and analytical methods to the study of administrative systems, organizational structures, policies and procedures. You will also be responsible for:
- Project assignments
- Research and analysis
- Responding to program related questions
- Sending written material as appropriate
Recommended Qualifications: Qualified candidates must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Graduate degree program at an accredited institution. Undergraduate students must have obtained junior status in a Bachelor degree program and completed a minimum of 48 credit hours. Preferred fields of study include Psychology, Social Work and/or Human Services or recent related professional experience. Additional requirements include:
- The ability to meet the time, duration and work expectations.
- Ability to work sensitively with diverse populations
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Self-motivated, good organizational and interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to ensure confidentiality
Training: Orientation, and as needed during internship Time: Flexible (10 hour minimum per week)
About Goodwill of North Georgia
2201 Lawrenceville Highway, Decatur, GA 30033, US
The mission of Goodwill of North Georgia is to put people to work.
When you shop and when you donate you support our mission to put people to work. We use your donated goods to help generate funding for our job training programs and employment programs. Last year, we provided services to more than 60,000 people and helped more than 20,000 people to find jobs or start new business.
When you give to Goodwill or shop in our stores, you are helping people who lack education or work experience, those who have disabilities, youth, veterans and others who may be having a hard time finding employment. Together, we put people to work.
We'll work with your schedule.
2201 Lawrenceville HWYDecatur, GA 30033
- Case Work / Management
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Social Work
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 10 or more hours per week
- Drug Screening and Fingerprint Check - Paid by Agency