Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Milwaukee (BBBS) is seeking adult volunteers who are interested in making positive change in their community through one-to-one, professionally supported mentoring relationships. In our School-based Mentoring program, volunteers mentor children in a specific elementary or middle school setting once per week.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Mentors are matched one-to-one with a student at a local elementary school.
- Matches meet at the same time each week and help with homework, play games and enjoy interactive educational activities.
- Professional support is provided by Big Brothers Big Sisters staff
- Mentors, children and families are invited to attend agency sponsored activities outside of the school setting where mentors and caregivers can meet.
WHAT ARE THE VOLUNTEER MENTOR REQUIREMENTS?
- School-based volunteers must be at least 18 years old and out of high school.
- Mentors are asked to commit to volunteering for at least two years during the school year.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2 years, 52 hours per year