- The North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League (NCICL) was organized in 2015 to provide a fun, safe and high quality mountain biking program for students in grades 6 to 12. With the cooperation of our partners and our sponsors, we are able to provide a competitive, safe and fun mountain bike racing experience. Regardless of ability level, the North Carolina League is committed to providing a positive experience for all student-athletes in accordance with the National Interscholastic Cycling Associations Five Core Principles: Inclusive, Equal, Strong Body, Strong Mind and Strong Character . In turn, North Carolina’s goal is to create life-long cyclists who are conscientious, responsible and empowered.
- The Volunteer Grants Manager is responsible for management and writing of grant proposals including corporate, community/NC State foundation and family foundations. VolunteerGrants Manager will persuasively communicate NCICL’s mission and programs to potential funders.
- As a small, evolving organization, management team/board members are expected to be flexible, entrepreneurial and willing to support other areas of the operation as needed.
- Conduct prospect research to identify grant funders for NICA and review application guidelines to determine if foundation/ agency/corporation, etc., is a good match for NICA
- Manage timely completion of grant reports and renewal applications
- Keep and follow reporting and renewal calendar, prepare reports and renewals for submission, and obtain necessary information/data from national program staff as required
- Work with NCICL management team members to determine budgets for grant proposals and applications
- Develop professional working relationships with private and public funder contacts
- Utilize E-Tapestry to maintain current database with funder information, as well as application and report deadlines
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement and stewardship of foundation/corporate gifts in conjunction with the NCICL League Director
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong negotiation and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small volunteer team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and donor management software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Significant prospect research experience.
- Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
- Fundraising, Development or Grant Writing Experience
- Love of Youth Development
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a volunteer team environment.
- MTB Rider a plus, but not a must.
This position seeks guidance, training and oversight from the NICA National VP of Development and Partnerships/Director of Strategic Partnerships NCICL. This position will work in conjunction with the goals NICA’s mission as an organization. The Grants Manager is volunteer position evaluated quarterly to ensure targets are being met.
Please contact Kristine Urrutia, Director of Strategic Partnerships at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donor Management
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment