- The North Carolina Interscholastic Cycling League (NCICL) was organized in 2015 to provide a fun, safe and high quality mountain biking program for students in grades 6 to 12. With the cooperation of our partners and our sponsors, we are able to provide a competitive, safe and fun mountain bike racing experience. Regardless of ability level, the North Carolina League is committed to providing a positive experience for all student-athletes in accordance with the National Interscholastic Cycling Associations Five Core Principles: Inclusive, Equal, Strong Body, Strong Mind and Strong Character . In turn, North Carolina’s goal is to create life-long cyclists who are conscientious, responsible and empowered.
- The Volunteer Sponsorship Coordinator will identify new potential corporate partners developing strategies to create and implement sponsorship objectives, manage execution and fulfillment of sponsorship agreements and retention of current sponsors.
- As a small, evolving organization, board members are expected to be flexible and willing to support other areas of the operation as needed.
Sponsorship Coordinator primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate execution of sponsorship benefits contracts by communicating directly with sponsors
- Develop and write sponsorship proposals
- Draft sponsorship benefits contracts
- Research, identification, cultivation, retention and stewardship of corporate prospects
- Cultivate donor relationships through correspondence, including writing and sending thank-you letters for all corporate contributions
- Obtain and send sponsor signatures and process all sponsorship contracts
- Assist in planning small sponsor related special events (sponsor meetup at race venue)
- Coordinate face-to-face meetings with potential sponsor and league leadership.
- Track sponsor relations in E-Tap and in Moves Management System
- Review corporate partnership and cause-marketing trends and identify opportunities to incorporate these trends where appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong negotiation and clear communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive and work effectively as part of a small volunteer team in a fast-paced and rapidly growing program, in addition to remaining self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically MS Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and donor management software.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve, and multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Significant prospect research experience.
- Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
- Fundraising, Development or Event Experience
- Love of Youth Development
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a volunteer team environment.
- MTB Rider a plus, but not a must.
This position seeks guidance, training and oversight from the NICA National VP of Development and Partnerships/Director of Strategic Partnerships NCICL. This position will work in conjunction with the goals NICA’s mission as an organization. The Sponsorship Coordinator is volunteer position evaluated quarterly to ensure targets are being met.
Please contact Kristine Urrutia, Director of Strategic Partnerships at email@example.com
- Donor Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment