Vice President for Non Profit: IFGT
2 people are interested
The Institute For Global Transformation(tm) was founded in 2002 and became a 501(c)(3) not for profit in 2005. The Institute was founded to advance the evolution of consciousness by promulgating the principles of the connectedness of all life.
Our Vision is a world working together to utilize the power, love and wisdom of higher consciousness to benefit humanity and the planet.
Our Mission is to provide a community for Change-Makers who are creating profound change in our personal lives and through this change are, together, co-creating a new world paradigm of inclusiveness, compassion and unity with diversity.
The Perfect Candidate
Our new Vice President will have a vision for moving the Institute for Global Transformation (r) forward that can be articulated clearly and compellingly. S/he will have a deep understanding of why s/he wants to see the changes and improvements in the world that the Institute is working to implement and will have a deep appreciation for the Institute’s 21 st Century Philosophy.
Leadership Skills and Responsibilities
Transformational Leadership is the goal for all our Officers, Board of Directors, Department Directors, and Managers. Responsibilities include:
- Carrying out and attaining the vision, mission, and goals of the Institute
- Development of a superior volunteer workforce
- Development of each of the departments and programs
- Development of a volunteer-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key volunteer retention and development, and high performance.
Plan - Implement - Manage
- Planning, directing and overseeing the operations and fiscal health of the Institute for Global Transformation (r).
- Planning and maintaining procedures and policies that enable and encourage the optimum performance of our volunteers and programs.
- In combination with the Executive Committee, plan volunteer staffing needs.
- Help recruit, interview, and select volunteers.
- Provide oversight and direction to volunteers in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- In conjunction with Program Managers and Department Directors, help coach, mentor and develop volunteers including overseeing, welcoming, and preparing new volunteer for their roles and duties.
- Empower volunteers to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among all volunteers that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each volunteer and department to succeed.
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with the organization's vision and mission and guiding principles and values.
- Help develop a performance report to track when volunteers may need additional assistance or mentoring. Include goal setting, feedback, and performance and development planning.
Department Management in conjunction with the Executive Committee
- Manage the overall operational activities of the Institute.
- In conjunction with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, manage the budgetary and financial responsibilities of the Institute.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures and not for profit guidelines.
- Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of each department and program.
- Review performance data that includes financial and activity reports to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the departments. Prepare periodic reports for the Executive Committee as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
- Communicate regularly with the Executive Committee and other designated contacts within the Institute.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities, as necessary.
- Degree in Business Administration or Extensive Experience in Non Profit Business Management
- Background in spirituality or in rapport with the Institute’s 21 st Century Philosophy. Modern spirituality is centered on the deepest values and meanings by which people live. It envisions an inner path enabling a person to discover the very essence of his/her being. There is no need to belong to any particular religion.
- Ability to Motivate
- Decision Making
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Thinking
- Time Management.
- Budget Management
- Program Management
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- Program Management
- Executive Admin
- Customer Acquisition
- Business Development
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 45
- Orientation or Training
- Concerned with development of the whole person and exhibits understanding and compassion for others.