Uniting Distant Stars (UDS), a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization was founded in 2011. Our focus is on providing opportunities for Liberian youth to rebuild the economy through entrepreneurial endeavors. We are a small nonprofit, but have big ambitions. UDS's mission is to: link future leaders and global innovators to educational resources and vocational training to influence positive changes in the world. Our vision: equip youth with the knowledge and skills to realize their potential and become positive change makers.An all volunteer staff produces annual reports; we use QuickBooks for financial reports. We are looking for a person with a background in bookkeeping to help conduct an internal audit.
- Review internal control systems
- Check accuracy of records
- Proper authorization and documentation of activities and expenses
- Proper tax reporting and tax documentation
- Current banking signatures are in place
- Review classification of programs, expenses and revenue
Desired qualifications: degree in accounting or finance; 1-2 years experience in auditing books; knowledge of tax laws and Quick Books. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Financial Auditing
- Reporting & Dashboards
- Financial Literacy
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 2-3 months