Black Power 96.3 FM Station Assistant!
- Assist the Station Manager in the organizing of staff and volunteer meetings, issuing invitations and agendas and taking minutes at the meetings.
- Staff the Green Room reception desk when needed, ensuring that visitors sign-in and the space is maintained in a clean and orderly way.
- Assist with the Underwriting program, researching and soliciting business Underwriters, developing Underwriting mention scripts and producing audio files. Maintain database and paper files for Underwriters. Assist the Underwriting Manager in scheduling broadcasts of Underwriting mentions to comply with contracts.
- Participate in "Street Team" promotional activities, representing the station at special events and in neighborhood canvassing.
- Assist in volunteer recruitment, orientations and mobilizations. Post listings on VolunteerMatch.com. Enter contact information into database. Assist in representing the station at orientation sessions and in recruiting campus interns.
- Maintain the Public Service Announcement Book. Research and prepare public service announcements from non-profit organizations to be read on-air by DJs.
Qualifications / Skills:
- Enthusiasm for the Mission of the African People’s Education and Defense Fund and WBPU.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, email, and internet research. Type at least 40 words per minute.
- Ability to learn and conduct data entry into contact relationship management software.
- Proficient in English grammar, proofreading, with some experience in original writing.
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to positively represent the station in one-on-one or small group public speaking, with the aim of winning community support for the station.
- Have the confidence and tenacity to pursue information and overcome obstacles
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work independently but also as part of a team
- 5 hours per week. Mostly during regular business hours, 9am to 5pm.
- Data Entry
- Office Reception
- Critical Thinking
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 5 hours per week