Tutor a Grade School Student at Summit
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
5 people are interested
You can change the world . . . for one child!
We are looking for volunteers who would like to tutor and mentor an inner-city grade school student for 2 hours per week in a structured tutoring program. Our students are in 4th-7th grade.
Volunteers would be matched with the same student each week, and work on academic weaknesses such as reading and math.
Volunteers meet at Summit to:
- Tutor for 1 hour
- Attend a brief 5-10 min. character talk with the student on a virtue like honesty, friendship, etc.
- Play sports or other fun activity (optional) for 45 min.
- Brief meeting with group leader
- Meet monthly for a few minutes with parents of the student.
Days and Times:
Mon or Wed (5-7pm) or Sat (10am-12pm) at Kosciusko Park
Thursdays (5-7pm) Dineen Park
Tues or Thurs (5-7pm) or Sat (10am-12pm) at Kosciusko Park
Mondays (5pm-7pm) Dineen Park
Call 414-672-1786 or email email@example.com for more info!
We'll work with your schedule.
2201 South 7th StreetMilwaukee, WI 53215
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- 1 Hour a Week